Random thoughts from a youth pastor in Boothbay, Maine!

Sunday, June 06, 2004

I met Ken Davis!

I got back from Promise Keepers last night. 17 of us went from Boothbay; there were like 10,000 men at the conference. It was totally awesome! What is it, you ask? It's a conference for guys where we are challenged to be the men God calls us to be; the brothers, boyfriends, husbands, fathers that God wants us to be. Very challenging. There were a lot of awesome speakers, and some seriously kickin' bands. There was also this comedian, Brad Stine, who was HILARIOUS. He was there last year, too, but he was even funnier this time around. I have a couple of his dvds. Anyway, I got to meet him and get his autograph. I even talked to him about coming to Maine some time, but I don't know if that's going to happen. But it would be cool if it did!

I also got to meet Ken Davis, which was totally cool. I told him I've been using his videos for several years now as my backup in youth ministry; y'know, if I'm sick or had a busy week, and don't feel up to doing a talk I use one of his videos. I also enjoy his books, etc., so it was really cool to finally see him speak live, and then meet him afterwards. I even got my picture with him ... dude, I'm sooooo lame. I'm a Ken Davis groupie ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home