Random thoughts from a youth pastor in Boothbay, Maine!

Monday, July 19, 2004

Spiderman 2


 
Duuuuuuuuuuuude.
 
Wow.
 
Finally saw it a couple nights ago.  Very cool.  Very, very, very cool.
 
I wanna be Spiderman.  That would be awesome.
 
I had a few favorite moments ...
 
Spiderman riding an elevator.  That was hilarious.
 
The lady singing the theme song from the old tv show.  I was busting up.  Heather laughed, too, 'cause before seeing both movies (couple years ago, and this time around) I was singing that little ditty all the time.  I get as excited for a Spiderman movie as Micah does for an ice cream shop!
 
The look on Peter Parker's face when he wakes up on the subway and realizes his mask is off.  I also loved how the people all stood up for him.  But my favorite part in that scene was when the one guy says, "he's just a kid ..."  It was kinda cool, 'cause they had elevated him so high in their minds, and then they find out he's the same age as their kids.
 
Absolutely loved the look on Mary Jane's face when she saw Spiderman with the mask off.  Those few moments were some of her best ever.  Felt very real.
 
Which brings me to my gripe: was there anyone left in the movie who did NOT see Spiderman with the mask off?  Dude was pulling it off left and right!  I think the studio pushed for that ... originally, with the first movie they wanted to redesign the suit so there was no mask because they thought all the girl's would want to see Tobey's face.  The director had a royal fit ... that's a fundamental unchangeable thing about Spiderman!  Anyway, I'm suspicious that this time around he caved a little bit.  It did give Tobey the opportunity to pull off some great physical acting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home