Random thoughts from a youth pastor in Boothbay, Maine!

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

This and that

Example

Just got a new cd. Very cool. : ) Little something called Veggie Rocks. Check it out. You'll love it. It's hilarious 'cause it takes popular Veggie Tales songs, and then lets popular rock groups reinvent them. Personally, I love the "I love my lips" song. But that's just me.

Also got the Switchfoot cd. Sweeeeet! Loved it. The beautiful letdown was not a letdown! Will probably listen to it many, many times.

Last night, I made a hot caramel cider at the coffee shop. Niiiiiice. I love that stuff. Makes me weep with joy. See, you take a bunch of caramel, and you add it to cider, then you steam heat it up ... everyone call smell it. It's awesome! It's like drinking a caramel apple, and you know those rock. Now, if only I HAD a caramel apple to eat while drinking my hot caramel apple cider ... then I would know what heaven is like.

Dude. I'm kinda bored if this is all I can think of to write about.

I saw that Third Day and Toby Mac are going to be performing in MA. I'm pretty tempted, but why are they charging $40 a ticket? Seems kinda steep for a ministry, if you ask me. But then, that's almost half what Michael W. Smith is charging for his Worship tour ($65-75 a ticket in NH), so maybe that's not bad. But I ask you, why are such high prices necessary when Newsboys still charges around $20? Know what I'm saying? And they do a kicking show.

I made Kate think of Relient K, which made me think of Relient K some more after I read her blog. So I looked ... and they're not performing anywhere near here any time soon! So I was bummed. But not too much. 'Cause a couple years ago, I took my old church's youth group to four Relient K concerts in one year, so I kinda got Relient K'd out for a while. But now I'm cool with them again. Don't worry, I did other events with them, too, but there was a core who were diehards, so we did extra events to hit Relient K.

Four times in one year? Yeah, that's insanity. I had Sadie Hopkins dance running through my brain for a month straight! And did you know people throw skittles at Relient K? Yup. Which is a bummer since I love skittles. Sometimes they miss the stage, though, so then I get a free pack of skittles. Which is cool. And almost makes it worth being at ANOTHER show.

I knew this one guy, for some dumb reason he didn't throw skittles at some band, he threw a harmonica 'cause the one band dude could play them, so he thought it would be a cool gift. Instead, he hit the guy in the head, which caused a head wound, and they had to stop the show and rush him off the stage. Meanwhile, this guy I knew was like trying to sneak out 'cause he was afraid of getting beat up by everyone in the mosh pit. But it was a mosh pit, which is all types of craziness, so no one knew who did it.

And I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home